Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekly Round-Up: March 15th-21st

Forgot to do this last night because of work and nope I have not forgotten about my last Manga Monday, I finished it up earlier today but waiting to post until tomorrow to see if I get any grammar corrections on it, it's pretty embarrassing to see what I manage to miss during proof-reading.

So, for last week's Manga Monday I talked about another Crunchyroll Manga, Spirit Circle. It's from the same manga-ka as Hoshi no Samidare: The Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer although I really prefer this series, it's a step up and I really hope it gets a US license.

For webcomics I talked about the just-ended Girls With Slingshots, been reading it for a long time but I don't think I'll tune in for the newly-colored strips very often, gonna use those 30 seconds to try and read some new comics! 

Finally I continue with my March of Middle Grade fiction with Children of the King, a wistful sort of story about World War II, historical fairy tales, and the kind of people children grow up to become. Interested in what else this author has written but it's all MG so I'm tempted but worried that the appeal might wear off if I'm so different from the characters.

Oh and I actually had a chance to catch up with most of my anime this week (both hulu and CR offered me two week "please come back!" memberships aw yeah) and I get quoted towards the very end of the APR list (my rankings this week were: Death Parade, Yona, Shirobako, Maria the Virgin Witch, and then Gundam Build Fighters Try because dammit this season has been missing the first season's lighter episodes and that one made me laugh). We're going into finale week this week so expect anime reviews to resume next Monday!