Friday, March 4, 2011

Webcomic Review: Conventional Wisdom

Well, there were going to be two blurbs today, then I realized that Cealdian hasn't updated since October* so it's going into the "needs to be updated more often" post later this month. Sooo yeah, just a few more days folks and I should have bigger posts!

Conventional Wisdom
A journal comic except it's only about one thing, this guy's (Blitzkrieg) adventures at anime cons. I found these comics since he goes to my local con and usually posts a link on the forums afterwards (so I'll vouch all the posts about Animazement for the past few years being completely true). He's got a couple years worth of comics now (I think he goes to four or five cons a year) and anyone whose been to any sort of anime/comic convention can probably sympathize with and laugh at at the same time. My only complaint is that recently he's started putting in all these filler strips (ie, stuff between cons) with random mascots and I just don't like it as much. I'd much rather have a page saying when the next con is instead of all these odd filler characters, but that's just me.

You know, I think he does a second comic as well, probably even have it bookmarked somewhere, but since Convention Wisdom only updates a few times a year I can see that schedule actually working. And yes, it's finally spring break for me so I'm hoping to build up my buffer again (only the promise of reviewing shojo anime is going to keep me going through all that Lord Byron, I can tell now this isn't gonna be fun....) so, even if April gets crazy, which I strongly suspect it will, I have a plan for it and fingers crossed that my reviewing won't slow down!






*Y'all remember what I said yesterday about art students doing comics and then getting eaten by their work? I think that's what happened here, plus I think the creator decided to do another comic at the same time which is just crazy. I only know of a few people who do more than one comic at a time and one or both of those comics is usually a collaborationd so they DON'T go insane.