Friday, March 25, 2011

Webcomic Review: The Zombie Hunters

With how popular zombies are these days I'm surprised this is the only zombie webcomic I follow. Actually, I can't even think of that many other webcomics about zombies (especially compared to the number of YA books about them these days), if anyone has any good recommendations be sure to leave them in the comments!

The Zombie Hunters
With a more cinematic flair than most other comics I read (the opening of the comic reminds me so much of an action movie), the comic is pretty much what the title says. It's after the zombie apocalypse, it appears that the majority of the world is overrun and our characters are all infected. Here zombism works that the bite doesn't kill you but once you do die you rise up if were infected and those survivors are shunned a because of it.  Our characters however could care less about that, they're happiest when they're in the field scavenging whatever has been left behind and kicking zombie ass, despite all the dangers. Currently the comic is in a really big flashback explaining how one member joined the team and another died and, when that finishes up, I really don't know where the story is going to go next. Maybe they'll find a cure for zombism but I really can't tell at this point, just hope there is a plan for it!


Hmm, I think I annoyed the artist for this comic in a livestream once by thinking that Jenny and Milo were siblings not lovers. There was some comment along the lines of "do I need to draw them doing it so people stop making this mistake?1?" but, in my defense, I've made this same exact mistake with other webcomics, guess I'm just too used to seeing siblings in anime who look nothing alike and extrapolate from there. And that wraps up the alphabet folks, yay! Tomorrow I'll make a post about completed webcomics and then I'll have a couple of other special posts to round off the month and then it's back to regular reviews.