Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekly Round-UP: April 19-25 Edition

Quick on this week since I am knee deep in sewing and need to get back to it (literally, working on curtains which takes a beaucoup of fabric). On the anime side of things I did get quoted in APR last week again but it's basically a shortened version of what I wrote about Sound! Euphonium in my Spring 2015 Anime Round-UP post. Not a lot of shows that have me excited this season which on the one hand is fine, I can just get through my backlog, but on the other hand means that I won't be participating in APR as much either and that's always fun too....

Going over to the comic side, I talked about Raina Telgeimer's latest work, Sisters (companion to her first work Smile) and on OASG I convinced Justin to tackle Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders with me. I swear no one is going to believe me now that I really did like what I saw of the Clamp School Detectives anime, although I could've sworn they all knew who the man of 20 faces was....

Finally I read a fairy tale retelling which wasn't Beauty and the Beast/Cinderella/Little Red Riding Hood etc but a take on the 12 Dancing Princesses and set in prohibition-era NYC which was a nice change of pace and excellent book overall, The Girls at the Kingfisher Club

Back to regular anime reviews this week and got a webcomic review coming up too!