And I'm back and fighting to stay that way! I really do like writing these reviews but man, I'm trying to start writing them farther in advance but I've had something going on literally every night (be it already having another review to write, social fun, or just my bus being 50 fucking minutes later) for the past week and a half that I haven't even been able to start yet. I'd say maybe this week but it seems like this is when my work kicks into overdrive until, oh the end of the year.....
Uncontroable aspects of life aside, four good-ish reviews this week! I start out with an oldie as I finally got through Witch Craft Works (which I totally stayed with for possible cosplay ideas, didn't like anything enough though!) and finally got the review for Wildwood Dancing up, followed by the more recent A Boy and a Girl for a comic review and Kings Game: Origin over on OASG. Not sure I'm going to continue reading Origin or not, I did like it but as I say in my review, it has to have a reeeeally solid ending and that's going to be hard to pull off, even if there are supernatural aspects involved (which I don't honestly think will happen, I'm betting it's the love interest, in the storeroom, with centuries of family knowledge of medicines).
Below the cut, now that all of the summer anime are wrapping/have wrapped up, a quick few thoughts on the season as a whole, full reviews start up next week.
So, as of writing this I haven't seen all of Gantsa. Snow White with Red Hair (Akagami), or Castle Town Dandelion but I feel like all three of those shows have been consistent enough in their own ways that I doubt the last episode will changing my rankings. For me it was a bit of an odd summer, not necessarily weak since I did end up watching 7 shows but every show, except arguably Insight, put greater focus on character relationships so it felt weird that I didn't have at least a couple of plot-heavy stories on my list.
1. Gatchaman Crowds Insight (the sequel I didn't know that we needed but now I can't imagine the series without it)
2. Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine (it came out in July on Netflix so for me this was a summer show!)
3. Classroom*Crisis (barely on my list when the summer started but had quite a few things that were right up my alley)
4. Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (the stilted pacing really lessened my enjoyment)
5. Akagami (as hoped it worked better than the manga, but it didn't even get to the point I thought it would!)
6. Gangsta. (for all that it does really great characterization I think it's telling that I'm still very far behind on this show, farther than anything else)
7. Castle Town Dandelion (this show has two modes, actually funny and awkward fanservice, the fanservice stands out more than the good bits)
So what do I plan on picking up that I didn't watch the first time around? Well, it's a lot of maybes at this point, well except Symphogear since a friend and I are giving that a shot for sure when we have the time. It's a maybe on Charlotte, I'm really torn on giving The Legend of Arslan another shot in either manga or anime form, possibly for My Love Story, and a welllll, maybe for School Live. But looking at how many fall shows have caught my eye, and how I have a few things on the backburner from past seasons already I make no promises!