Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Webcomic Review: 4 Panel Life


4-Panel Life by Jen-Jen-Rose
http://4-panel-life.tumblr.com/


The daily life and thoughts of Jen-Jen-Rose.

While I've talked about a number of different strip webcomics before, some which certainly had some four-koma influences (which for those who don't know is a kind of manga, like Yotsuba&, Azumanga Diaoh, and GA Art Design Class where every update is four panels long, just like it sounds like) but this is the first one I've seen that straight up emulates the style. The comic is a simple one, both art and storytelling-wise, and I find it rather appropriate that it's being hosted on tumblr since the humor it derives from everyday circumstances and thoughts fits in perfectly with the one-off comics I sometimes see on there. It's a quick, fun read and I could probably use at least half of the strips to describe my life at some point or another which I think makes it an excellent slice of life comic!