Thursday, October 25, 2012

Schedule Change!

It's that time of year, NaNoWriMo is right (write?) around the corner so it's time to mix things up. And no, I'm not trying to write a full novel this year (with all my homework that would end, poorly) but I am going to try and write some short stories I have in mind and to do that I have to cut back on blogging. But I am going to keep posting a bit in these two categories:

Manga Mondays: I really liked last year writing up those quick posts about whatever I'm reading and, since a decent chunk of what I read isn't licensed/I read ahead of what's licensed I don't often get a chance to talk about it and this is a nice way to do it. 

Book Reviews: About a month ago I worked out how many reviews I had left to post and I figured that, taking into account how much I'll probably read between now and the end of the year, if I post twice a week for the next two months I'll have everything reviewed by the new year so I can start fresh. So look for book reviews Wednesday and Saturdays, those are also faster for me to write since their shorter (and I've already jotted down a lot of my thoughts on them, I realized if I didn't this summer I was going to forget a lot of what I read), so I think if I only need to make three quick posts a week I can balance this, NaNo, and my school work fairly well.


Also! Next semester is my last one of college (wohoo!) and, while I haven't registered for classes or work hours yet, I've looked at what my schedule will probably be and I've decided to keep my regular blogging schedule next semester as well (so I'll have had it for a year at that point, maybe more? Longest I've been able to do that). I'm going to try and keep blogging as long as I can (and hopefully I'll be able to get a buffer going during November as well to help me with exams in December) so I might slip in late April/early May but that's quite a ways off at this point and not worth worrying about. The November schedule will start November first and as usual I'll post links on twitter to my reviews (which makes me wonder, does this blog even have an RSS feed? I feel like it does but I've never tangled with it....)